Well hellooooo October!!
Wow, September really flew by. I only uploaded 1 post last month! Ugh… so disappointing… but I’m back! My day job has me on a complete whirlwind right now… with added responsibilities and such. Luckily I gave myself all of September to cope with the changes. Now I can finally get back to blogging! I’m so excited to be back, and even more excited for what’s to come. Fall is in full affect, and I’m ready to dust off my boots and cannonball into a pile of freshly fallen leaves. 🙂
It’s kind of crazy how once October hits, the following months seem to zip by even faster. I mean… there are only 3 months left this year! So, to help keep us all on track for the following months to come, I think it’s time that we start preparing for some of the upcoming festivities… Don’t you!?
Here is a brief list of things to start thinking about and planning for early this season:
- Halloween is in just 30 days, so it’s time to start making plans, and figuring out what to dress up as.
- Thanksgiving is in 55 days. How do you plan on avoiding the infamous food coma?
- There’s only 84 days left until Christmas…. which means holiday shopping starts in 3… 2… 1… NOW! If you haven’t already, it is certainly time to start pinching your pennies and budgeting for Christmas gifts, as well as travel plans for any of the upcoming holidays and fun fall and winter activities.
At Least it’s Sweater Weather!
- Pull out all of your warm sweaters, coats, scarves, and of course boots!! Oh and don’t forget your gloves and umbrella!
- It’s probably not a bad idea to go out and buy basic cold and flu medicine to have on hand. Especially if you have young kids at home. I know that the flu shot is always an iffy one for some, so no pressure there. Do what’s best for you and your family.
- Stock your pantry with soup ingredients (canned will do too!) and hot teas. Don’t forget the hot chocolate (marshmallows optional) for the fun cozy nights in.
Time Change in 1 month!
- Don’t forget that daylight savings time ends on November 1st. Make a reminder for yourself now (just in case your smartphone isn’t so smart that day… you never know!).
Winter Break Plans
- Schools will be out, companies closed, and airlines packed. Plan ahead for any fall and/or winter shenanigans and traveling adventures.
How will you be preparing for the fall and winter seasons?